- This event has passed.
Shakti Yoga: Your Inner Summer with Mel Skinner
7th July | 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm£30
Creativity, Power, Confidence
Discover yoga for women’s well-being, with menstruality conscious awareness at the heart of the teachings. Enjoy 3 hours of nourishing and flowing womb yoga, restorative yoga, yoga nidra, discussion, circle work, and deep connection with the wild and creative feminine energy – the power of shakti! These workshops will leave you feeling empowered and excited to maximise the potential in your life.
Inner summer refers to the time of ovulation, a time when we may feel completely at our peak. Our hormones are full, our energy is high, and we may feel like we can take on the world! This is the perfect time to socialise, to dance, to cook, to nurture oneself or others, or to simply let the natural state of bliss arise to the surface.
For those of us more naturally introvert, or those anyone struggling with the concept of motherhood (be it becoming a mother yourself or your relationship with your own mother), ovulation can be a difficult time. Perhaps the pressure to conceive is affecting our bodies as well as our relationships, or we become overwhelmed with decision making.
In this workshop you will:
- Understand why charting your menstrual cycle is more than a way to manage fertility
- How to manage your life according to menstrual cycle awareness
- Connect deeply with other women in a unique and compassionate way
- Discover your ‘secret powers’ as a women, and how to use them in your working life
- Gathering a deepen understanding into the biology of the menstrual cycle, and how to support the hormonal changes with food, herbs, activity, etc.
- Experience flowing and freeing womb yoga practices
- Receive the healing gift of yoga nidra, perfect for tired, over-worked and stressed women
Is this for me?
This workshop is suitable for all women, whether menstruating or not. This includes pregnant, postnatal, peri-menopausal and menopausal women. The menstrual cycle is an embodied experience of the cycles of the moon, so all women are welcome to come and connect either with their ‘inner moon’ or the ‘outer moon’.
Price: £30 including snacks or book all 4 workshops for £105, saving £15
“Thank you for helping me to be more compassionate with myself, for allowing my inner voice to have a platform. Thank you for sharing your awesome wisdom, along with your humour. Thank you for encouraging us all to be vulnerable and to be feminine, which as women we’ve been taught so much to suppress and disengage. Thank you for removing my guilt around letting my body rest and for offering us all a hand when we feel like we’re sinking. Thank you for your guidance in my everyday life – I feel like you have helped me in ways I didn’t even know I needed.” Rohr-Junne