Shakti Yoga: Your Inner Autumn with Mel Skinner
20th October | 2:00 pm - 5:00 pm£30
Discover yoga for women’s well-being, with menstruality conscious awareness at the heart of the teachings. Enjoy 3 hours of nourishing and flowing womb yoga, restorative yoga, yoga nidra, discussion, circle work, and deep connection with the wild and creative feminine energy – the power of shakti! These workshops will leave you feeling empowered and excited to maximise the potential in your life.
Aah, the infamous pre-menstrual phase. This time can be severely disturbing for many women, and the loved ones in their life. The decline in hormone levels can elad to a desire to eat more, sleep more, and generally retreat, but in our modern day lives most of us feel we have to ‘push through’ this phase, continuing as we did in ovulation time.
But to fight against the phase is to reject our more more creative and dream-state way of being, and symptoms of PMT are likely to get more and more severe. If we are able to learn that our PMT is a message, guiding us towards a happier and more fulfilling life, we may find that our symptoms lessen, and we discover new aspects of our being we had not realised before.
In this workshop you will:
- Understand why charting your menstrual cycle is more than a way to manage fertility
- How to manage your life according to menstrual cycle awareness
- Connect deeply with other women in a unique and compassionate way
- Discover your ‘secret powers’ as a women, and how to use them in your working life
- Gathering a deepen understanding into the biology of the menstrual cycle, and how to support the hormonal changes with food, herbs, activity, etc.
- Experience flowing moon salutations for pelvic health
- Receive the healing gift of yoga nidra, perfect for tired, over-worked and stressed women
Is this for me?
This workshop is suitable for all women, whether menstruating or not. This includes pregnant, postnatal, peri-menopausal and menopausal women. The menstrual cycle is an embodied experience of the cycles of the moon, so all women are welcome to come and connect either with their ‘inner moon’ or the ‘outer moon’.
Price: £30 includng snacks or book all 4 workshops for £105, saving £15
“Thank you for helping me to be more compassionate with myself, for allowing my inner voice to have a platform. Thank you for sharing your awesome wisdom, along with your humour. Thank you for encouraging us all to be vulnerable and to be feminine, which as women we’ve been taught so much to suppress and disengage. Thank you for removing my guilt around letting my body rest and for offering us all a hand when we feel like we’re sinking. Thank you for your guidance in my everyday life – I feel like you have helped me in ways I didn’t even know I needed.” Rohr-Junne