The Monster Cookies… These were inspired by Ulle aka ‘The Wildcat’ when Helena and Jess were discussing what baked good she is. We decided something totally wild, sweet and monstrous was fitting for the Wild Cat. Gooey, indulgent and perfectly sugary these classic American cookies will satisfy any sweet tooth. Bonus tip: Careful not to over bake to maintain the gooey-ness, they will harden once cooled.
1 1/4 cup (125g) quick oats
1 cup (125g) all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup (110g) unsalted butter. room temp
1/2 cup (140g) creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup (180g) light brown sugar, packed
1/4 cup (55g) granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp molasses
1 large egg
1 cup (185g) M&Ms or you sweet treat of choice treat. mini eggs, malteasers, smarties all work well
1 cup (185g) semisweet chocolate chips
- Combine oats, flour, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl
- In another mixing bowl combine butter, peanut butter and sugar. Really whip these together till they are light and fluffy for the best texture cookies
- Once properly whipped, add egg and the secret ingredient – MOLASSES (you can’t actually taste the molasses, it’s just there to enhance the flavours and add a little extra softness and chewy-ness.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry and mix until they are absorbed (but don’t over mix)
- Add in M&Ms, chocolate chips or your choice of Wild Cat tasty mix-ins
- To bake, scoop the cookies or roll into golf ball sized ball or any size you fancy! They are monster cookies after all!
- Bake the cookies on 180c or Gas 4 for 15-18 mins and then leave to cool and harden