Kitty and I are thrilled that we have finally got our Stories From A Wild Kitchen back up and running! WE LOVE HUMMUS and we have filmed this recipe too!
For me, my go to is always going to be Tessa Kiros’ BEAUTIFULLY DELICIOUS recipe. In my humble hummus opinion, the best ever hummus recipe. We made this for the Wildly Slow Retreat and we snaffled it all! Pip Roberts and Mary Cooke loved it 🙂 as well as all the retreaters!
Sometimes, if I mix things up, and steer away from a classic, I may go for a sweet potato hummus.
- sweet potato
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can chickpeas
- juice of one lemon
- 3 tablespoons tahini (or toasted sesame seeds)
- cumin seeds
- Cube the sweet potato and roast them in some olive oil and a sprinkle of salt.
- Blend drained chickpeas, remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil, garlic, lemon zest and juice, tahini, salt/pepper, cumin, and cayenne pepper to food processor (or blender).
- While food processor is running, use any of the reserved chickpea liquid, until hummus has reached desired consistency.
- Taste and adjust seasoning as necessary.
- Top with cumin seeds, paprika and some olive oil.
SEASON EVERYTHING WITH LOVE