- This event has passed.
Children’s Yoga Teacher Training Course Hosted by Wellbeing Bees (2 Weekends)
23rd November, 2019 | 9:00 am - 24th November, 2019 | 6:00 pm£495 – £525
The practice of yoga not only keeps us healthy and strong, it also has profound effects on our emotional and mental wellbeing. With the importance of mental health awareness rising in schools, now more than ever, is the time to provide children with these valuable tools.This 40 hour training programme will focus on building your knowledge so you gain a toolbox of skills to guide children aged 4-16 years through practical yoga and mindfulness sessions for wide ranging benefits.
Accredited by Yoga Alliance Professional.
The course is split into 10 modules-
Module 1- Yoga Benefits & Philosophy
Module 2- The Yoga Class and Themes
Module 3- Asana, Sequences & Songs
Module 4- Warm ups, Pranayama, Games & Props
Module 5- Stories
Module 6- Relaxation, Meditation, Chanting & Mudra
Module 7- The Chakras
Module 8- Yoga for Children with Additional Needs
Module 9- Business and Safeguarding
Module 10- Art of Teaching
These modules will be studied and practised over the course of 4 days, with a selection of assignments which will be due during and after the course.
• An in depth course manual with a varied selection of class plans
• 4 Videos of example classes or an invitation to observe 2 children’s yoga classes/workshops
• Online support from an experienced and professional mentor (which continues after completion of the course)
• Accredited Certification and guidance on gaining insuranceYou will learn-
• How to teach yoga in a fun, creative way
• How to create a safe and nurturing environment for children to explore their body and mind
• How to teach yoga to children aged 3- 16 years
• How to adapting yoga for children with learning and physical disabilities
• How to use themes in your classes to enhance the wellbeing of all your students
• How to create your own games, sequences, stories and activities
• How to use music, stories, art, crafts, nature and Hindu Mythology to enhance the senses
• Ways to deal challenging behaviour
• About the range of places where you can teach
• Tips for running your own business
• Social Media guidance
• Short yoga techniques that can be added into the structure of the school day
Prerequisites: 2 years regular Yoga experience with an established practice and experience working with children.
She has completed over 700 hours training, with CPD courses in Chidrens Yoga and Teen Yoga and has most recently taught on a 200hour Yoga Teacher Training program in Goa, India.
Yogajane aims to bring yoga to lives of as many people as possible, empowering all to live a life of optimum health and happiness.
Monthly payment plan optional